Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Moz in ESC?

Big news, big news everyone! Morrissey has talked to BBC about writing a song for, hang on now, Eurovision song contest! I don't know if this is good or bad really. No, I guess it's a good thing. I mean, ESC could really use some intelligence and as we all know, Morrissey's got plenty! But still, the thought of millions of people criticizing him. Hmm, could be a bit annoying. The chance of Morrissey actually singing in the ESC is probably very small. It's also hard to imagine him standing there on a big stage in that kind of forum. You may know that Morrissey is a fan of ESC and that he expressed his disappointment over the UK fiasco last year in the Eurovision. It truly was a catastrophic performance by that wannabe rapper Daz Sampson. I remember those girls in the uniforms. A bit creepy actually, an old man and a bunch of school girls. Morrissey was absolutely right about that Daz fellow.

I was horrified but not surprised to see the UK fail again. There’s a question I keep asking myself — why didn’t they ask me? It keeps going round in my head.

BBC article

The Sun article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/music/
indieandrock/s/233/233562_euromozzer_is_he_only_joking.html



/andy