Saturday, December 30, 2006

It spells: M-O-R-R-I-S-S-E-Y

I bet you've seen a lot of miss-spellings of the King's name. The usual mistake people does is to leave out a R or a S. But I lately saw the most peculiar version of his name. Here it goes: "Morssay". Congratulations to whoever who wrote that. It must be the ugliest spelling ever.

The thing with the spelling is kind of a classic actually. Morrissey fans often get very annoyed at this, and that goes for me to I'm afraid. I don't know why but it is quite irritating. The ones that can't spell his name correctly is often people that don't like him and I can accept that. It's a whole other thing when people who claim to like him don't know how it's done. I can't really take them seriously. I know this sounds very weird but I'm sure the Moz fans knows what I'm talking about, ha ha. Morrissey himself also think that the spelling is rather important. I've seen him express some anger over record companies who have miss-spelled his name on record sleeves for example.

You know how he spells his first name Steven in the song "Ouija board". It would be kind of fun if he did the same thing with Morrissey. It might get people to learn how it's done once and for all.

5 comments:

andy said...

I can't get why people think it's so hard to spell his name preperly. It's just to learn: two s and two r. It's no harden than that. A while ago, in the newspaper, there was an interview with him, and the spelling of his name... every one of his three names were misspelled!

And I know it sounds silly, but neither I can take so called fans who spells his name wrong seriously. It just doesn't work.

Girl Afraid said...

It's a mystery indeed. They never learn....

And it's not ok for a newspaper to be so clumsy. It doesn't take much research to find out how he spells his name.

Anonymous said...

About phonetical sound in countries where we speak spanish, for me it´s Argentina, We pronounced MoRRissEY , remarking the RR, E and Y, so it doesnt sound like in english which would be "Morisi" for us.

When he was here first time in 2000, when he was on the stage he pronounced his name as we do a couple of times, perhaps he found it funny but not annoying, ...I hope!!!

Very Moz

Anonymous said...

ahh, it doesen't matter how u spell his name....we are all human and make mistakes...people smell me name wrong and i don't complain, i get hurt a bit, but i live...

now for the ultimate crime.....morisey is great! ha ha, awww, i am a pest:)

Rebel Kid

lesbian erotica stories said...

That just leaves your daughter. I wasnt sure I wanted to be pregnant right away,after finally escaping from Cliffords clutches.
free adult baby girl stories
pokemon sex stories on xnxx
femdom literotica stories
erotic adult non-concensual sex short stories
denial and femdom stories
That just leaves your daughter. I wasnt sure I wanted to be pregnant right away,after finally escaping from Cliffords clutches.