Thursday, December 21, 2006

Morrissey IS funny

You often hear people complaining about how miserable and bitter Morrissey is, and that he has no sence of humor. I just can't understand that. Those people don't know much for sure. In fact, Morrissey is one of the most funniest people I know. He is always very witty and amusing in interviews and also in his lyrics. There is a line from the song King Leer that always make me smile. It goes Your boyfriend he went down on one knee, well could it be he's only got one knee? I was really surprised when I saw that this song ended up at #19 on some "worst lyrics"-chart. I think it's hilarious. Well, I don't laugh out loud when I hear it but I still think it's a brilliant line.

Other funny lyrics by Morrissey:

But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye - Still ill

She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano" - The Queen is dead

How can you stay with a fat girl who'll say : "Oh ! Would you like to marry me ? "And if you like you can buy the ring" She doesn't care about anything Would you like to marry me ?And if you like you can buy the ring I don't dream about anyone - except myself ! - William it was really nothing

All I ask of you is one thing that you never do. Would you put your arms around me ? (I won't tell anyone) - Tomorrow

6 comments:

andy said...

I have to agree. I'm so tired of everybody just complaing all the time - if they'd have listen more carefully they would have discover all the wonderful humor wich DO exist. "the queen is dead" must be one of the most hilarious record all the time, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Don't forget..

"I'd like to drop my trousers to the Queen
Every sensible child will know what this means
" - Nowhere Fast

Anonymous said...

Also, parading around stage in 1985 holding aloft a placard emblazoned "THE QUEEN IS DEAD", pretty funny in my books.

http://mozblog.com/images/tqid5.jpg

Anonymous said...

I keep remembering more and more hilarious Morrissey/Smiths lyrics

"In my life
Why do I smile
At people I'd much rather kick in the eye
-Heaven knows I'm miserable now

Girl Afraid said...

Yes, you are absolutly right there about "The queen is dead". Some people are just to dumb to understand it. And I love that picture of him, very funny.

Those lyrics you mentioned are genius and the last one from Heaven knows I'm miserable now is just so true. I often think of that line when I hang out with people that I don't really like. That's one of the things that is so great with Morrissey. He always speaks the truth. He says the things you wish you had the gutts to say.

Holly said...

from some of his solo stuff,
"most people keep their brains between their legs"
and
"standing at the urinal, he thinks he's got the whole world in his hands"
ahahah :D