Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My favorite tracks from Ringleader...

Morrissey released his brilliant album Ringleader of the tormentors earlier this year. I remember the day when I first listened to it, a holy moment indeed ha ha. I would like to share my three favourite tracks from the album with you.
1. Life Is a Pigsty - This is simply an amazing song with breathtaking lyrics. All the dramatic sound effects creates a very special feeling. It's truly hard to explain how good it is, especially in a language that I don't usually speak.

2. I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now - I love this song, despite that the track title is an utter lie. Morrissey is a hero to me as well as to many other people. I have read in forums that a lot of Morrissey fans don't like this song. I really can't understand why they feel that way.

3. Dear God Please Help Me - This is a beautiful ballad and I got quite chocked when I heard it the first time. It feels strange to hear Morrissey so....sexually outspoken. But then again I don't think that you always can interpret his lyrics literally.

I had a hard time picking these songs because all of the tracks from the album are very good. Buy the album if you don't have it already.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Än en gång... You have incredibly good taste! Precis mina tre favoriter...
Älskar I'll never be... Speciellt en textrad ur låten:
"They who should love me
Walk right through me
I am a ghost
And as far as I know I haven’t even died..." Bland det bästa på hela plattan...

//Niklas, Stretford1959@yahoo.se

Girl Afraid said...

Den låten är fantastisk, och texten är simly breathtaking....

Anonymous said...

Har grejat en egen blogg på aftonbladet nu... Efter månader av funderingar har jag alltså tagit steget ut! Den heter Life Is A Pigsty...

//Stretford1959

Anonymous said...

wow, so many swedish responses...i feel like a black sheep now, oooh....ha ha, i never knew u wrote blogs, aww, and it was the 1st time i saw u on morrissey's homepage, well done, it was nice to see u there, unlike that boring niki khan...

moving on, yeh, god choice of favourite ringleader tracks....yeah, life is a pigsty is to me very atmospheric and it reminds me of the good the bad and the queen's herculaen, what with the keyboards and the rain is lovely, um hmm...

yeah, that i'll never be anybody's hero now....underrated, he sounds very emotional in that, his voice almost trembling, heck that song is better than the youngest was the most loved....there, i said it now, ooh.....

the 3rd song is damn...well, it scared me ha ha, and u r right, it may be metaphorical, who knows, hmm? but ennio morricone disappointed me, i thought the song would be a bit more...well, louder and less poignant, eh?


Rebel Kid

Girl Afraid said...

Haha, you are totally right about Niki Khan. Always the same meaningless comments. "I love your sound" yada yada yada....